- 1–2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Pinch of salt, pepper and chili flakes
- 8–10 ounces salmon (2 thick pieces)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, de-stemmed, sliced ( or use Smoked Mushrooms!)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce ( or GF BRAGGS)
- 3 tablespoons Mirin (see notes for substitute)
- 1 tablespoon Furikake
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups cooked rice, black rice, quinoa or other grain (optional, or sub more veggies)
- 2 extra large handfuls of shredded cabbage (etiher fresh or sauteed- see notes)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Feel free to add addional roasted veggies or steamed veggies
- Set rice or grain to cook, if using.
- Make Sauce: Mix soy sauce and mirin in a small bowl.
- If sauteeing the shredded cabbage, see notes and do this now, and set aside.
- Cook Salmon:Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the oil with a pinch of salt, pepper and chili flakes and swirl. Add the salmon and mushrooms, and sear all sides, until golden. Turn heat off, letting pan cool slightly (otherwise sauce may burn). Spoon sauce overtop of the salmon and mushrooms, swirling the skillet. Set aside.
- Assemble the bowls: Divide rice or grains between 2 bowls. Sprinkle with furikake. Arrange cabbage, avocado wedges and any other veggies in the bowl. Top with seared salmon and mushrooms, and sprinkle it with Furikake spooning the remaining sauce over the avocado and cabbage.
- Serve immediatly.